Saturday, February 14, 2009

On Valentine's Day...

Once upon a long ago, a girl named Patty fell in love with an unemployed, progressively disabled dude, who was ten years her senior and had nothing of any worldly value to offer her. And, as if that weren't insane enough, he was in a rock band with his disabled brother!!! And as if to prove just how outrageous love can be: when he was crazy enough to ask her to marry him -- she was crazy enough to say "Yes"!!! And they've lived happily ever after, ever since.

To many people in this world, that story would just seem ridiculous. But, in reality, it's just the kind of crazy that love delights in.

Patty and I recently celebrated our ninth wedding anniversary. I cannot even begin to fathom the incredible love and grace she blesses me with on a daily basis (I'm certainly not worthy of such devotion.)

So, to celebrate Valentine's Day, I've added four songs I wrote for her (from three of our albums) onto my Imeem account. It's just my pathetic attempt to shout from the rooftop that I love her more than I can ever fully express (but, undoubtedly, far less than she truly deserves). She is a daily example to me of unconditional love and amazing grace.

Happy Valentine's Day. If you're even half as blessed as I am, you are blessed indeed.



(To hear the songs, just go to http://www.myspace.com/rascapalian)
and listen to the songs:
"Love Like This"
"Cinnamon Days"
"Almost Too Real"
"You'll Be The One".

Enjoy!

No comments: